Myrrh Extract Powder 5:1
Other Names - Mo Yao 没药 Extract 5:1, Latin name: Commiphora myrrha, Synonyms; balsamodendron, gum myrrh tree, myrrha
Typical Preparations - Powdered Herbal Extracts are very easy to take, and can be easily imbibed in the following ways:
- THE SMOOTHIE: Blend up into a superfood herbal smoothie.
- THE SHOT: Mixed with water, fruit juice or milk and made into a herbal shot.
- THE TEA: Brew individually, or blend with complementary herbal extracts, into a tea.
- ENCAPSULATE: Pack into capsules, or wrap in an edible wrapper and swallow.
Note - Extracts are more potent than dried powdered herb alone. You can determine each Powdered Extract's potency by the numbers in its title. For example, Horsetal 4:1 is four times as strong as the original Extract, while Oat Straw 10:1 is ten times its original strength. Extracts are one of the most potent and effective ways of using herbs.
Cosmetic Usages - Powdered Extracts are also great for use in toners, rinses, lotions, conditioners, or any other recipes that contain water. Because they have a shelf life of up to two years they are great for those who formulate in small batches, and unlike herbal infusions, you can be sure of the exact potency of the herbs in your formulas. If you are looking for a convenient, and efficient way to incorporate herbal properties into your recipes, try working with Powdered Herbal Extracts.
To incorporate a Powdered Extract into a formula, first determine what percentage of the original extract you'd like to add. After you've determined the percentage, divide the amount based on the Extracts strength.
- Determine 5% of your total weight. (5% of 480 grams = 24 grams)
- Divide the 5% by the strength of the Extract. This Extract is 5 times as strong as plain Myrrh Extract, so you would divide it by 5. (24 grams / 5 = 4.8 grams)
- The conclusion is that you would add 4.8 grams of Myrrh (Oleo-gum-resin) Extract 5:1.
Disclaimer - While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Website. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
* Due to the nature of natural ingredients, physical attributes may differ from lot to lot (color, taste, etc). Please consult with a representative for more information on current lot. Stone Creek Health Essentials will not accept returns on ingredients that are more than 30 days old or that have been unsealed. Product images are for illustrative purposes only and may differ from the actual product due to differences in monitors, product batch/lot and etc. Please contact a Stone Creek Health Essentials representative with any questions. We're here to help.